Writing to a Database with Tableau Prep Builder - Canadian Higher Education Tableau User Group
As of version 2020.3, Tableau Prep Builder can write to a database! This workshop covers how to use it with 3 examples
In this session we will cover:
- What is Tableau Prep?
- What’s a Workflow?
- Interactive Workshop:
- Simple example: create a basic workflow to write to a database
- Main example: create a more complex workflow to create government targets and compare to actuals, and write to a database
- Brief Demo of Python Integration
If you want to participate interactively, the resources that will help you get started are available here (5.5MB). Note that our demonstration databases are not available outside of the workshop, so you’ll need to have your own database to work with.
Tableau workbook - Main Example: Actuals Versus Targets
Please note that this workbook uses a flat file instead of direct to database connection as was demonstrated in the webinar.
- Andrew Drinkwater, Plaid Analytics
- Patrick Lougheed, Plaid Analytics